Post-war nuclear threat demanded special measures during the construction of Nowa Huta, a unique project of a model socialist town. All the newly erected buildings were being designed with air raid shelters. We'll start with a ride in a genuine Trabant automobile to experience the wonders of Nowa Huta. Afterwards, we'll drive to the original Cold War 'Head command post' bunker (the crisis management special shelter) at the former Lenin Steelworks. You will also visit the abandoned administrative complex of the factory with decorative staircases, a banquet hall, rooms and secret tunnels, all build in the Renaissance style of the Soviets. We'll end with an exquisite Communist style cold buffet, including the famous Beef Tartare and a shot of vodka.
- Vintage Trabbies sometimes break and it's part of your adventure :)
- Our tour is not a history lesson. It's a mixture of stories, anecdotes and local knowledge. Your guide is not a historian. He's your laid-back driver & friend showing you Krakow through his eyes.
- The tour inside the steelworks and in the bunker is run by a local guide, and during this time our Crazy Guide is waiting outside for you.
- What our Clients say:
- Excellent tour guide in my opinion and spoke good English which meant that we could ask questions and he fully understood and could answer. He showed us around the town, bunker and a flat, we also had some food which was nice and the whole experience was very enjoyable. Thoroughly enjoyed it and was worth every penny, gave a good tip because of the experience and hospitality.
- I can't recommend this tour enough if you have even a shred of interest in the communist era, city planning, or Krakow history. I would love to take another tour with Maciek (though I'm sure the other Crazy Guides are also fantastic!) next time I'm in Krakow.Summer B
- Everything was perfect! Great Tour! Great Guides! Great Cars! I can really recommend it. Did the tour with 13 Persons on a stagweekend.Johannes H