All of our customers are equal, but some are more equal than others. If you fancy yourself as more of a Communist bigwig than an everyday Socialist worker, then take this upgraded version of our standard Communism Tour and discover great communist interiors and other spots unavailable on shorter tours.
The 'Communism Deluxe', apart from the regular Nowa Huta - Communist district visit, includes a guided visit to the abandoned HQ of the former Lenin Steelworks (Cold War bomb shelters). On this tour, you will also have the rare opportunity to taste a typical Polish potatoe & cheese pierogi lunch in an old-fashioned restaurant and try traditional welcome shots of Polish vodka.
- Private approx. 3.5hrs tour (it all depends on traffic :)
- Local, laid-back Crazy Guide
- Convenient pick-up point (near your hotel)
- Vintage Trabant, Polish Fiat 'Toddler' or a Soviet Lada car
- Traditional welcome shots of Polish vodka
- Nowa Huta district sightseeing (driving/walking): Central Sq, residential units, steelworks' headquarters, Soviet tank, Lord's Ark church, 1950s shop with unique, traditional tacky souvenirs and a truly Socialist interior design
- Refreshments and a potato & cheese Pierogi lunch in an old-fashioned restaurant
- Visit to the abandoned Administrative Center of the former Lenin Steelworks (Cold War bomb shelters)
- What our Clients say:
- Fantastic! Best tour ever, thank you so much crazy guides learned lots and lots, all delivered by cool knowledgeable guides in cool vehicles. Well worth going with the deluxe tour, visiting the milk bar and communist apartment. Excellent end to a fab few days in krakow xxGina S
- Everything was so much fun and our guide was excellent. She was very knowledgeable and told us of her childhood memories of what it like to live during communist times. We booked the deluxe tour and had no regrets. It was one of the highlights of our trip to Krakow.Ruth L
- We had Goshka as our tour guide and she is extremely warm and intelligent and made the tour very enjoyable. Riding around in the car is a nice break from the traditional walking tours. Make sure to sign up for the Deluxe package so you can visit the communist apartment. Thanks so much.Timothy M